Who We Are: We are a group of 8 black and brown Visionaries who walk out our belief in abundance by collaborating to acquire land for shared affordable housing, sustainable food production, environmental stewardship, community ritual and education space. Our collective is made up of farmers, entrepreneurs, professionals, and teachers who are currently engaged in creating alternative models for sustainability, equity, and cooperation within communities of color.
Cristina Rivera Chapman
Businesses Associated with Earthseed Land Collective:
- Tierra Negra Farm: is a collective of farmers, educators and cultural workers, striving to model a community controlled food system that is just and sustainable. We grow food; provide accessible classes and trainings for our communities in NC and beyond.
- Stonemint: A plant nursery that specializes in supplying local and native plants for retail sale, wholesale, and for medicinal purposes.
- Herbal Everyday: Consisting of a Small House Apothecary (SHA) that will serve as a residence and consultation space for herbalist Kifu Faruq.
- ETR Services: ETR Services, LLC is a small, HUB-certified business offering evaluation, technical assistance and research services to support programs that enhance educational outcomes, increase workforce participation, and improve social conditions, especially for those communities or populations in greatest need.
- Young Peace Project: Youth programming that incorporates body somatic, transformative arts, the outdoors and international experiences to help young folks yield a contemporary social and environmental analysis.